Monday, April 14, 2008

My New Kinder Class!!

My Kinder Class!
From left to right: Jhonatan, Jesusito, Paul, Erika, Alisson, Zuleika, Jose David, Edwin, and Amy in the back!

What a blessing it is to have 8 kids in my class now! It has been a challenge to take on 4 more kids, but I am loving it! We have a schedule, which the kids are getting used to. They love to sing, work in their "cuadernos"(which are notebooks), put puzzles together, play with educational toys, and EAT! They are learning how to pray also, which is awesome! I love it when we come into class and I forget to pray....I know that sounds crazy, but here is why I love it. Our first thing we do is pray, then I greet them, they greet me, and we introduce ourselves. This is all in Spanish first, then English. But I don't have to get to "My name is...." before they say, "Tia Amy we need to pray!" It is great to see them grow to know God more and more. This past week we were reading the story of Jonah. They love to tell the story, but they know that I read it to them, then they tell me the story along with naming things that are on those pages. Alisson amazes me sometimes. She is 4 years old and can tell me everything that happens in the story. She tells me why Jonah ran away from God, why he was thrown overboard, what he did inside the big fish's stomach, and what he did after going to Ninevah. Well that is a portion of what I see on a daily basis. Yes we have days where we don't want to come to class and learn, and we spend time in the corner, but I hope that those days become fewer and fewer as time goes on! I love to hear them recite Bible verses too! I am going to try and put a video up of them singing "Jesus Loves Me" in English. I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Here I am with all my kids! Aren't they cute???

A day of painting with Tio Steve! Our story this week was Noah's Ark! We made the sea!

Alisson, Jhonatan, Jose David, Zuleika, Edwin, Erika, and Jesusito. Paul hadn't arrived yet!

Can you find the octopus?? Can you fine the fish??

Edwin and Tio Steve.....Steve came with the Coast Guard, but stayed an extra week along with 5 other volunteers. They all go to the same church though!

Alisson, she is so photogenic!

We are in our "fila"(line) headed back home! We take turns leading and the person in front goes to the back the next day. From their houses to class and class to their houses we sing "Jesus Loves Me" in Spanish and English.
From front to back: Jesusito, Jose David, Zuleika, Erika, Alisson, Paul, Edwin, and Jhonatan

Paul with one of the educational toys!

Yes, Zuleika is STILL eating her crakers! She takes the longest to eat.....and she is the first one to get snack and the last one to finish it!!

Jhonatan putting a puzzle together.

Erika and her "galletas"(crakers/cookies).

Jose David singing, "I like swinging on the swings. I like swinging with you!" Thanks to Hayley and Erin! He swings high now!

Edwin swinging.....his favorite thing to do outside!

Alisson on a huge fruit or vegetable....maybe a squash??

No comments: