Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back to the Kiddos!

While I was at home another volunteer took over my class! Her name is Joy and she is from England! She had a blast with them and did an WONDERFUL job with them. She painted with them a lot, which I don't tend to do a lot of because I am not an artistic person.....as Mom would LOVE to tell you about my childhood and art! They made guitars with string and paper, painted with their hands, created their faces, and I am sure much more! In the afternoons we have an art project of some sort with Joy or go to the sand dunes! They REALLY enjoy climbing the sand dunes, and it gives us exercise and releases A LOT of energy the kids have!! Zuleyca hasn't made it up to the sand dunes with us, but hopefully by the time Joy leaves in 3 weeks, she will have gone up part of the way! (Being that I am posting this REALLY late, Zuleyca has gone up the sand dunes with Joy and rarely wanted help! What a little trooper!!!) Here are some pictures of us going to the sand dunes:

Oh the trek!! Where Edwin is standing, is the hardest and steepest part of all the sand dunes! José David kept saying "owww" because it is kinda rocky. So I led the way and Joy helped him as I made soft sand for his cute little feet!!
From bottom to top: José David, Edwin, Heather, Erika, Paúl, and Alisson.

The view of the orphanage from the top of the sand dunes!

Tia Joy and Edwin

Tia Amy and Edwin at the top of the sand dunes!!!

The kids climbing the smaller sand dune.

José David and Amy

Kinder at the top of the sand dunes....except Zuleyca wasn't able to go:(
From left to right: Jhonatan, Amy, Paúl, Erika, Alisson, José David, and Edwin

1 comment:

Chhunny said...

Hello there,
I really love the picture with all the children they are nice and lovely.
Thanks.CF