Sunday, August 31, 2008

Independence Day/Amy's 28th Birthday

Well I am SOOO behind on posting things. Well this was actually on Independence Day, July 4th, but we celebrated 3 occasions all in one! Our Independence Day, Perú's Independence Day (July 28th and 29th) and then my birthday (July 7th). It was so much fun. We sang our national anthems, including England's since Joy felt a little left out! We sang different songs like God Bless America, My Country Tis of Thee, and so forth. Then they sang happy birthday to me and we ate cake, apple crisp, popcorn, and drank soda! They TRIED to surprise me, but not sure if it was really a surprise or not because of them being a little sneaky on things. Then Elias surprised us with buying fireworks!! Him of all people found us fireworks! It was a great time to celebrate the births of our countries and me. I didn't get an egg cracked over my head, which was perfectly fine with me!!! I don't have a picture of the Peruanos singing their national anthem because I have a video of them singing it! Sorry!! Here are some pictures, and I hope you enjoy them!!!

Decorations of our flags and my head!

United States of America's flag and my head

Apple Crisp......they enjoyed it, not me!

The Americans singing our national anthem, "The Star Spangled Banner"

My Birthday Cake!

Katie and Liz....yummy...cancha...aka POPCORN!!

Reina, Melva, Mr. Miller, Luz, Betsy, and José David!

Elias, Sara, Gretchen, Amy, Liz and Joel!
Yes we enjoyed the cake!!!

José David waving our flag...I love that boy!

Joy singing her national anthem, "God Save Our Queen"....or maybe that isn't their national anthem but a song of theirs....sorry Joy!! We loved hearing it!

No comments: