Saturday, June 28, 2008

Adoptions!!!

Well there have been 3 adoptions since I got back! What an awesome event in these kids' lives!!!

CAROLINA...aka Carlito!!

"Father", Carolina, and "Mother"

"Father," Carolina, and "Mother"

Carolina was adopted before I got back, which was sad because I didn't get a chance to say "goodbye", but then we saw her with her new family in town a few days later! That was a lot of fun! Carolina is 10 years old and has such a great little chuckle. She is headed to Italy soon, and I believe she is an only child, which is different with LOTS of "brothers" and "sisters" here at the Albergue!

ISAIAS....a very cute boy!

"Father," "Mother," and Isaias

What a cute family!!

Isaias was adopted Friday, June 20! He is 5 years old and full of energy. I didn't even see this coming so fast. I knew when I was at home that Isaias was in the process of being adopted by a Peruvian family, but I didn't know when this would take place. The Kinder class, myself, Joy, and Kristina (another volunteer here for 5 weeks) were at the Ranch for a "paseo" (fieldtrip)!!! While we were baking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, Isaias was being adopted. I found out the next day by the other volunteers. Normally we would have been told right away and given some time to say "bye" to him. That is ok though! He is with a new family living in Lima, and that is what we really want for these kids. To have parents who love them and will take care of them!

VANESSA....a smile you couldn't forget!

"Tia," Vanessa, and her "Sister"(I think!!)

Vanessa was adopted Saturday, June 28! Her aunt(tia) adopted her. I am not sure where she will be living, but she was SOOO excited! I pray that if she isn't living in a Christian home, that she will still continue to read the Bible and be Jesus to that family. I don't know if she made a decision to accept Christ as her Lord and Savior, but if she hasn't, I pray that she will someday! She is 10 years old and will need some speech therapy, but has so much love to give you! She has such a desire to learn English also! She did what she could to learn English all the time. She always asked questions, and if she will just put the passion she has for English towards Christ, I can't even imagine what impact she will have on her new family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi amy..this is Kelli from the buckner blog. We worked in Lima at various orphanages..have you been to any? if you want the specific names, email me at krhepner@samford.edu. I just don't want to post them for the world to see. Blessings to you for your longterm work! My heart misses Peru terribly!