Thursday, December 4, 2008

My how Kinder has changed!

Kinder has changed in the past 10 months! I started out with 3 littles ones. Then after Erin left to go back to the US, I had 8! Gradually over the next 7 months, I went down to 5 students! Then I got 2 more little ones! It was VERY stressful for awhile, but then we got the bright idea of splitting the class back up like it was with Erin and I. Since there wasn't another person to help out with that, we decided to have some go in the morning and some go in the afternoon, but that would mean less time off in between to work on the curriculum. The curriculum is almost finished though! I have Zuleica (2), Lady (3), Saúl (5), and Edwin (6) in the morning and Ericka (3), Jhonatan (4), and Paúl (4) in the afternoon. This makes teaching SOOOOO much easier. I can actually teach them and work one-on-one with them! Here are a few pictures of how our new classes are going:

Here are all the little ones right before we split the class!
Left to right: Saúl, Zuleica, Lady, Ericka, Paúl, Edwin and Jhonatan

Edwin praying....even though he looks like he is screaming.

Jhonatan and Zuleica praying....all the kids want to lead prayer in the morning, especially Jhonatan and Paúl.

Paúl praying....

We work on fine motor skills with jewelry and the LOVE it! Here is Jhonatan with his creation!

Saúl making houses out of letter blocks!

Zuleica after she made a square out of play-dough! Look at that smile!!!

Ericka was laughing so hard at her face! She wanted to have the same color as her sweatshirt...aka in Perú...chompa!

Lady after she made her "face" out of play-dough! How cute she is!

Paul showed me his "P" and I didn't even ask him to write that! We were working on the letter "E"!!! I will miss him!

Edwin started to write his name!

Saúl says, "LOOK! 2 triangles, Tia Amy!" Of course in Spanish, but isn't he clever!!

No comments: