Thursday, December 4, 2008

The arrival of 7 kids in less than a week!!! WOW!

What a challenge, but more of a blessing to receive 7 new little ones in less than a week! We had a sibling group of 3 come, then a sibling group of 2 and another sibling group of 2!! Our first group of 3 are Roxana, Lariza, and Dante! They are a fun group of kids. I was a madre of the girls' house not long after they arrived and got to spend quite a bit of time with them. They weren't all smiles at first, but they are now! Every time Dante sees me, he runs and gives me the biggest hug with the biggest smile on his face! The 2nd set of siblings that came are Heydi and Isabel. They are always laughing now. Heidy ALWAYS is wanting you to tickle her! Their favorite thing to do is ride bikes! They both learned to ride here with the help of the others kids! The last set of siblings are Saúl (5) and Lady (3)! They are both in my Kinder class. They were both severely beaten, especially Saúl. After spending day after day with them, they have learned to trust me and know that I will never hurt them. They know that I love them also! I just had this talk with Saúl yesterday. He is a great and SMART boy. He only has a bit more to learn and he will be able to enter 1st grade! That really excites me! Lady is always smiling now! It was hard at first with her in class with being obedient, but that is every new child! They love it here and LOVE coming to class. Sorry I haven't blogged like I should, but I will try to do a better job my last few weeks here. Here are a few pictures of our new blessings:

Roxana with her friend Yuliana out on a fieldtrip.

Lariza digging for crabs! At least the kids didn't come home with crabs this time!!

Dante was at the beach! This was their first time to the beach with us! It was a great time!

Isabel digging for crabs! She is really ornery....reminds me of me when I was younger! I am sure you can only imagine!

Heydi has to have the most contagious laugh ever! I wish you could hear it!

Saúl made a triangle out of play-dough! He is really smart!

Lady playing at the beach! She got so wet this day!

No comments: