Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mirian's Baby Shower!!!!

Mirian, our social worker, is going to have a little boy in October! I am so excited for her! She got married while I was here, but didn't have a big wedding though. On August 22, Robyn and Kristi threw a baby shower for her. It was a little different from those back home.....there were SEVERAL men there, and the games were different, but fun! We did a game where things were in a bag and we had to guess what they are without looking in the bag....things that you would need when having a baby. Then we drew a baby with the paper on our head, which was interesting! We had her change a diaper blind-folded, which was fun for all to see! We ended with treats and coffee, along with stating one word for her being a new mother....mine was "paz", which means peace. Here are a few pictures of the baby shower and all her gifts (I am sure my family can guess what she got from Robyn and I)!!

Yes, Mirian "changed" the diaper, but in the end it was on backwards!

Kristi, Mirian and Robyn observing the baby!

Mirian with her box of gifts....the box was made my Miss Aly's class!

Amy, Elias, Sarita, Hugo and Liz drawing "babies" on our heads! (well on the paper of course!)

Joel, Nanci, Alex, Miss Aly, Silvia, and Veronica

Nanci, Alex, and Miss Aly

Joel and Nanci

Now you know what Mirian got from Robyn and I! (It was Robyn's idea though!!) Mirian was really excited to get it! It has polar bears on it.....red with a brown backing! Other than the strawberries, this is my favorite fleece here in Perú....so far!

Hmmmmmm....Jammies!!

The Winnie the Pooh mobile!

Mirian with all her gifts!

All of us with our "bottles" that Miss Aly made!

Well Mirian and Elias TRIED getting all the gifts into the new diaper bag, but couldn't get it all. They asked me, and I got it all to fit.....not breaking a thing!

No comments: