Saturday, January 26, 2008

Week 3 of Summer School

Wow! Once again time has flown! This week was great, but not as exciting as the others....for some areas! I have FINALLY caught on with crocheting, which is helpful since I am helping them when they need help. Which I haven't been able to help the past 2 weeks....haha.

Kinder

This week's theme was Moses. We read the story, and put a small mural on the wall. It was fun though. Erin had my class for one day because I had a back spasm when I woke up. I was doing a lot better by the afternoon. They really enjoy putting puzzles together and playing with hand eye coordination toys like the shape ball and blocks (cubos).

This is Moses in the Nile River!

Good times with the kids! They are having LOTS of fun playing with each other and singing songs also!

Jose David being all lovey.....which doesn't happen often!

Zuleika putting a puzzle together...she is also learning her "formas"....aka shapes!

Erika putting a puzzle together....she is also learning her numbers. She can count fairly high in English and Castellano(Spanish with a Peruvian twist!)!

Craft time!
We are still learning how to crochet. I have finally caught on to crocheting which is awesome! We are trying to teach the kids a trade so that they might be able to make some money and learn how to manage their money. This is mostly for the older children. Hopefully I will be able to bring some of their work back with me when I return for a visit in May. I don't have any pictures again for this week but I will for the next week! I am not helping with Nanci's son, Nehemias anymore so I can help more with the kids and their crocheting!

Juegos....aka game time!

The Older Group

This week was a little different with the game time. We learned how to play UNO. Some of them knew how to play, but some it was difficult. It was difficult to take pics this week. Part of the time was me not having batteries!

The Younger Group
This week we learned how to play Memory. Brigette is really good at this game, but it is VERY difficult for Abel. Next week we will have the same games though! I will take pics next week!

Brigette and Isaias playing Memory

Brigette, Isaias, Yerson, and Abel

Isaias and Yerson

Isaias, Yerson, and Davis

Davis helping Abel

Musica .......aka music!

Hayley and Joel are leading this program. They have 9 kids learning guitar....I think!

Hayley...I am sure you can tell who she is...teaching Maria and Caroline how to play guitar!

No comments: